Pattern: Crochet Cover for Glass Pot
Skill Level: Intermediate
- Worsted weight yarn in your desired color
- Crochet hook appropriate for the yarn weight
- Glass pot or jar (size of your choice)
- Tapestry needle
- ch: chain
- sc: single crochet
- hdc: half double crochet
- dc: double crochet
- st: stitch
- sl st: slip stitch
Note: This pattern is written for a glass pot/jar with a circumference of approximately 12 inches. Adjust the number of stitches and rows as needed for your specific pot size.
- Start by making a slip knot and chaining 52 stitches (or a multiple of 4 stitches plus 4 for desired circumference).
- Join the last chain to the first chain with a slip stitch to form a ring, being careful not to twist the chain.
- Chain 1 (does not count as a stitch) and make 1 single crochet in each chain around the ring. Join with a slip stitch to the first single crochet. (52 sc)
4. Chain 2 (counts as the first half double crochet here and throughout), make 1 hdc in the next stitch, skip 1 stitch, make 2 hdc in the next stitch repeat from * to * around. Join with a slip stitch to the top of the chain-2. (78 hdc)
5. Chain 2, make 1 hdc in each stitch around. Join with a slip stitch to the top of the chain-2. (78 hdc)
6. Chain 3 (counts as the first double crochet here and throughout), make 1 dc in each stitch around. Join with a slip stitch to the top of the chain-3. (78 dc)
Repeat Rounds 2 and 3 until your cover reaches the desired height. For a glass pot with a standard height, repeat these rounds 6-8 times.
7. After completing the last round of double crochets, chain 1 and make 1 single crochet in each stitch around. Join with a slip stitch to the first single crochet.
- Fasten off and weave in any loose ends with a tapestry needle.
Congratulations! You have completed your crochet cover for a glass pot. Simply slip it over the pot, and it will add a decorative touch to your home decor or make a lovely gift. Feel free to experiment with different colors and stitch patterns to customize the design to your liking. Happy crocheting!