Certainly! Tunisian crochet is a beautiful technique that creates a dense and textured fabric. Here’s a super easy pattern for a Tunisian crochet baby blanket:
Materials you’ll need:
- Tunisian crochet hook (size appropriate for your yarn)
- Worsted weight yarn in your desired colors
- Yarn needle
1. Start by choosing your colors and determining the size of the blanket you want to make. For a baby blanket, a common size is around 30 inches by 36 inches.
2. Foundation Row: With your first color, make a foundation chain in a multiple of two stitches plus one. For example, you could chain 101 stitches.
3. Tunisian Simple Stitch (TSS): Insert your hook from right to left under the front vertical bar of the second chain from the hook. Yarn over and pull up a loop, leaving it on the hook. Repeat this step for each chain stitch across, until you have loops on your hook for each chain stitch.
4. Return Pass: Yarn over and pull through one loop on the hook. Yarn over and pull through two loops on the hook. Repeat from * to * until you have one loop remaining on the hook. This completes the return pass.
5. Repeat the TSS and Return Pass for each row until your blanket reaches the desired length. You can switch colors as desired to create stripes or use a single color throughout.
6. Fasten off: When you’ve reached the desired length, fasten off by cutting the yarn, leaving a long tail. Pull the tail through the last loop on your hook to secure it.
7. Border: To add a simple border, switch to a new color or continue with the same color. Single crochet evenly around the edges of the blanket, working 3 single crochets in each corner stitch to create smooth corners. Join with a slip stitch to the first single crochet to complete the border.
8. Weave in any loose ends using a yarn needle.
That’s it! You’ve completed a super easy Tunisian crochet baby blanket. The Tunisian Simple Stitch creates a dense and warm fabric that’s perfect for keeping little ones cozy. Feel free to experiment with colors and yarn choices to make it uniquely yours.
Remember to adjust the size of your foundation chain and the number of rows to achieve your desired dimensions. Tunisian crochet can be addictive, so have fun and enjoy the process!