Creating a luxury Turkish crochet sousplat (decorative table mat) can be a beautiful project. Here’s a general guide for making a sousplat with alterations for 4 yarn:
Materials you’ll need:
- Crochet hook (appropriate size for your yarn)
- Luxury yarn in your desired colors (at least 4 different colors)
- Yarn needle
1. Start by selecting your luxury yarn colors. Traditionally, Turkish sousplats feature intricate patterns and vibrant color combinations. Choose colors that complement each other and create a luxurious look.
2. Begin with the center motif: Start with your first color and make a slipknot. Chain 6 and join with a slip stitch to form a ring.
3. Round 1: Chain 1 (acts as the first single crochet), work 12 single crochets into the ring. Slip stitch into the first single crochet to join the round. (You should have a total of 12 single crochets)
4. Round 2: Switch to your second color. Chain 3 (acts as the first double crochet), work a double crochet in the same stitch as the chain. Work 2 double crochets in each stitch around. Slip stitch into the top of the beginning chain-3 to join the round. (You should have a total of 24 double crochets)
5. Round 3: Switch to your third color. Chain 1 (acts as the first single crochet), work a single crochet in the same stitch as the chain. Skip the next stitch, work 5 double crochets in the next stitch, skip the next stitch, work a single crochet in the next stitch. Repeat this pattern (between * symbols) around. Slip stitch into the first single crochet to join the round.
6. Continue working additional rounds using different colors and stitch patterns of your choice to create a beautiful and intricate design. You can incorporate traditional Turkish stitch patterns or experiment with different textures and techniques.
7. Adjustments for 4 yarn: If you’re using 4 yarns instead of 3, you can add an extra color into your design. Simply follow the pattern for each round and introduce the fourth color when desired. You can use the fourth color as an accent or as part of the main design, depending on your preference.
8. Once you’ve completed the desired size for your sousplat, finish off the last round and fasten off the yarn, leaving a long tail.
9. Weave in any loose ends using a yarn needle.
10. Block your sousplat if necessary by dampening it with water and pinning it into the desired shape. Allow it to dry completely.
Now you have a luxurious Turkish crochet sousplat with alterations for 4 yarn. Remember to experiment with color combinations and stitch patterns to create a unique and stunning piece. Enjoy the process of crocheting and have fun with your project!